How do you do it all? Ya don’t!
But, you can increase your productivity, so that you get a lot more done and have that oh so important down time in between. So, if you are a work from home freelancer or entrepreneur, like myself, please…
Do Try This At Home!
- Eliminate Interruptions: figure out what is going down to derail your day and Just Stop It! (I’m inserting an interruption here- Hilarious Bob Newhart Video– but please come back to this post!)
- Get Organized: I SEE YOU THERE running all over the house wondering where stuff went! Not really, I’m not a stalker, but still…you should stop that too. Home Office DIY Decor & Organization Hacks Here
- Plan Your Day in Advance: 15 minutes planning = 2 1/2 hours of priorities checked off your To-Do list.
- Turn Off the Internet: Ok, you cannot really turn it off if you work online, but focus on the task at hand and get out of the Kardashians business!
- Stop Multitasking on Important Tasks: Focus in on the tasks that are important and fully concentrate rather than fluttering from one thing to another. You’re not a hummingbird!
Resources Mentioned in the Video:
Anti-Social is a productivity application for Macs that turns off the social parts of the internet.
Freedom is the world-famous app that locks you away from the ‘net so you can be productive.
Internet Off – Internet Blocking App for Windows
Alex Beadon has her 11 Productivity Tips for the Self-Employed:
I strongly believe in solo-tasking. I even wrote a post for My Super-Charged Life years ago called: The Case Against Multitasking. I would share it with you, but apparently the site has been hacked. All that being said, I still struggle with the desire to multi-task greatly. My advice? Work on changing a little at a time. Try just sitting in silence, with no electronics, while you take a break or eat a snack. Commit to writing one blog post without doing anything else but writing.
I believe we can retrain ourselves to focus on one thing and practice makes it easier!
I created a printable for you. Click to Download, Print, & Use the spaces to brainstorm ways to up your productivity quotient:
Productivity- Like A Boss!
Making a To-Do List, the evening before, really helps me. What helps you? Share in the comments…